Art and Photography


At Court Moor we work alongside our students to create young people who understand that art is an integral part of everyday life for all cultures and that it is a form of self-expression based on how we see the world.

In art lessons students develop a knowledge of artists, designers, crafts people, photographers and architects as well as cultures. Alongside this, students develop the ability to create personal responses influenced by the knowledge and techniques they learn throughout their time with us.

Key Stage 3

At Key Stage 3 students work through a number of different themes from African Art and Environmental issues within our oceans to Pop Art and Prints based on Nordic Fables. Each scheme of work throughout Key Stage 3 covers different themes and incorporates new techniques which are then built on over the 3 years in preparation for KS4.

Key Stage 4

At Key Stage 4 students taking Art, Photography and Textiles, all follow the AQA GCSE syllabus. The courses all have the same four key assessment areas called AO1 - AO4. Within these students will study artists, photographers, designers and crafts people, evolve their own observations and develop ideas and techniques all based on a theme. This leads towards and includes a personal response. Throughout the course students work on two projects which make up 60% of their grade, the other 40% is made up of an externally set exam paper and culminates in a two-day exam. All development work for this is done in the lessons leading up to it.

To contact the Curriculum Leader for Art and Photography please email:

Subject Documents Date  
AQA ART Design inc. photography textiles 07th Jul 2021 Download
Art Curriculum Overview 2022 23 07th Oct 2022 Download

Page Gallery