If you would like to join Court Moor School, we would be delighted to hear from you. We are very proud of our school What Makes Court Moor Special
Please see our vacancy below
Learning Support Assistant
Applications are invited for the position of: Learning Support Assistant
Hours: Part time, term time only plus 1 week (28.33 hours per week, 40 weeks a year)
Salary: Scale C FTE £18,933 – £19,941 (Actual salary £12,717 - £13,395) (dependent on experience)
Required for: Autumn term 2021-2022
We are offering the exciting opportunity to work with students with specific SEN needs as a Learning Support Assistant. At the heart of this role is knowing your students, developing in-depth understanding of their needs, so that through your work with them, they are equipped with effective approaches to learning. You will work with teachers to support the modification of their curriculum as required. It’s an opportunity to make a real impact on the progress of individuals with an absolute focus on developing their resilience and independence. The successful candidate will work alongside our warm and experienced Learning Hub team.
Court Moor School is a successful, mixed 11 – 16 years comprehensive school with a high achieving, caring ethos and supportive staff.
The role includes:
- working alongside teachers in classrooms, with students across all age ranges and all ability levels, in groups or 1 to 1
- working in or out of classrooms with students with physical impairments
- working within The Learning Hub delivering small group sessions or mentoring students
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A friendly and supportive department, staff, SLT and governing body
- Pro-active staff development to guide your career and manage your skills portfolio
- A school where behaviour is rated as ‘outstanding’ [Ofsted 2013]
- A stable and experienced department with a record of improvement and ambition
The successful candidate would ideally have some experience working in an educational environment, particularly with students with Speech & Language and Communication needs, however all applications will be carefully considered.
The post is part-time (term time only).
Court Moor School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including Disclosure and Baring Service. Please refer to the school website www.court-moor.hants.sch.uk for a support staff application form. Please send forms for the attention of the Headteacher, Mr P Jenkins, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.