At Court Moor Careers, education is delivered in a variety of ways (please note some of the activities may be altered due to ongoing Covid requirements):
- PSHE Curriculum (Yrs 7-8)
- General introduction to careers information and choices including registration and training on START website, a careers based learning platform
- Job study: An opportunity to look at option choices and possible career paths/choices
- Financial Awareness: Using the ‘Real Game’ to explore jobs, leisure time and work life balance.
- Employability skills
- Programme of STEM clubs with external speakers and school visits to companies
- Specific careers related trips, taster days and programmes for small groups.
- 1-2-1 Career advisor meetings (on request), mandatory at Year 11
- Options briefings to explain about vocational and academic choices
- College and Apprentice talks
- Post 16 choices workshops, transition, application advice
- Career focussed assemblies with outside speakers
- Activities week, to include employability skills such as team working and enterprise skills.
- Programme of Career workshops presented by visiting speakers
- Interview Day for Year 10 - practice interviews with external visiting business representatives, CV writing workshops, and Interview techniques
- Work Experience week for Year 10 students
- University visits and presentations
- Promotion of National Citizen Service and Duke of Edinburgh Scheme
A timeline of planned activities can be found on the document link below.
Court Moor Careers Newsletters
Links to Court Moor Careers Newsletters can be found at the links below.
Career Café – New Talks Added
I am really pleased to announce that we have added more Career talks to the Career Cafe Schedule- students can get their ticket by clicking on the links.
They are all held in the Retreat 8:30-9:00 (Unless indicated).
- Thursday March 31st - World of Aviation - Careers Insight talk about careers in Aviation. Will Jenkinson currently works as a pilot for British Airways. Only a few tickets left. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/career-cafe-world-of-aviation-tickets-292377096767
- Thursday 7th April - World of Medicine - Cancer specialist/consultant https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/career-cafe-world-of-medicine-tickets-292385010437
- Thursday 28th April - Working in Science Research in LIBRARY - Chief scientist from Qinetiq https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/careers-cafe-working-in-science-research-tickets-300552730307
- Thursday 5th May- Aeronautical Engineering in Retreat https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/305521150987
- Thursday 19th May - Working in Film and Media - Documentary and Film Maker https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/career-cafe-world-of-media-tickets-300555388257
- Friday 27th May - Working in Corporate Law - corporate solicitor in a silver circle firm in the City. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/careers-cafe-working-in-corporate-law-tickets-300554054267
|Careers Roundup 2021||03rd Dec 2021||Download|
|Court Moor Careers Newsletter Prospect Trust April 2022||08th Apr 2022||Download|
|Court Moor School Careers Timeline 2021 22 updated 210422||21st Apr 2022||Download|