Careers Café Talks - New
We have got three Career Cafe talks booked this autumn term, they are held on the dates below and are from 8:30-9:00am in the detailed location.
These have all been incredibly popular in the past so you need to be quick and use the link below to register your interest.
Football Coaching - Monday 27th November 2023 (Retreat)
Austin Harris is a highly qualified and experienced professional who has combined a 20 year FE teaching career in Sport with professional football academy coaching at four professional clubs and NGB Level 1 to 3 Coach Developer tutoring on behalf of the English Football Association (FA).
Working in Scientific Research - Wednesday 13th December 2023 (Retreat)
Richard Hoad is the Chief Scientist at QinetiQ. His team provides research, consultancy and Test and Evaluation Services.
If you want to sign up then please complete the form at the link below. there is a maximum of 40 students per talk, so make sure you sign up early. You can sign up for more than one talk, but please remember you are responsible for turning up.
At Court Moor Careers, education is delivered in a variety of ways:
- PSHE Curriculum (Yrs 7-8)
- General introduction to careers information and choices including registration and training on START website, a careers based learning platform
- Job study: An opportunity to look at option choices and possible career paths/choices
- Financial Awareness: Using the ‘Real Game’ to explore jobs, leisure time and work life balance.
- Employability skills
- Programme of STEM clubs with external speakers and school visits to companies
- Specific careers related trips, taster days and programmes for small groups.
- 1-2-1 Career advisor meetings (on request), mandatory at Year 11
- Options briefings to explain about vocational and academic choices
- College and Apprentice talks
- Post 16 choices workshops, transition, application advice
- Career focussed assemblies with outside speakers
- Activities week, to include employability skills such as team working and enterprise skills.
- Programme of Career workshops presented by visiting speakers
- Interview Day for Year 10 - practice interviews with external visiting business representatives, CV writing workshops, and Interview techniques
- Work Experience week for Year 10 students
- University visits and presentations
- Promotion of National Citizen Service and Duke of Edinburgh Scheme
A timeline of planned activities can be found on the document link below.
Court Moor Careers Newsletters
Links to Court Moor Careers Newsletters can be found at the links below.
|Careers Roundup 2021||03rd Dec 2021||Download|
|Court Moor Careers Newsletter Prospect Trust April 2022||08th Apr 2022||Download|
|Court Moor School Careers Timeline 2022 23 Updated 011122||05th Dec 2022||Download|