At Court Moor Careers, education is delivered in a variety of ways (please note some of the activities may be altered due to ongoing Covid requirements):
- PSHE Curriculum (Yrs 7-8)
- General introduction to careers information and choices including registration and training on START website, a careers based learning platform
- Job study: An opportunity to look at option choices and possible career paths/choices
- Financial Awareness: Using the ‘Real Game’ to explore jobs, leisure time and work life balance.
- Employability skills
- Programme of STEM clubs with external speakers and school visits to companies
- Specific careers related trips, taster days and programmes for small groups.
- 1-2-1 Career advisor meetings (on request), mandatory at Year 11
- Options briefings to explain about vocational and academic choices
- College and Apprentice talks
- Post 16 choices workshops, transition, application advice
- Career focussed assemblies with outside speakers
- Activities week, to include employability skills such as team working and enterprise skills.
- Programme of Career workshops presented by visiting speakers
- Interview Day for Year 10 - practice interviews with external visiting business representatives, CV writing workshops, and Interview techniques
- Work Experience week for Year 10 students
- University visits and presentations
- Promotion of National Citizen Service and Duke of Edinburgh Scheme
A timeline of planned activities can be found on the document link below.
Court Moor Careers Newsletters
Links to Court Moor Careers Newsletters can be found at the links below.
Career Café – New Talks Added
Following on from our successful Career talks programme last year, I am pleased to announce the new schedule for this autumn term. If you would like to register for a place, please click on the links below. We are limited to 40 places per session. Talks all are in the Retreat, 8:30-9:00 on the date advertised.
- Thursday 10th November – Theatre Production and Direction. Mary Swan FRSA, Artistic Director and Chief Executive Proteus Theatre https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/career-cafe-theatre-production-and-direction-tickets-458317589247
- Thursday 1st December - Police Force. Andy Oldham, Police officer with the MET police https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/career-cafe-the-police-force-tickets-458357107447
- Thursday 8th December – Hair and Beauty (tbc). Kerry Mather, KJM Salons. Salon owner, Entrepreneur, leader, motivator successful KJM Salons for 30 years https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/career-cafe-hair-beauty-tickets-458360427377
|Careers Roundup 2021||03rd Dec 2021||Download|
|Court Moor Careers Newsletter Prospect Trust April 2022||08th Apr 2022||Download|
|Court Moor School Careers Timeline 2022 23 Updated 011122||05th Dec 2022||Download|