Overview of Activities
At Court Moor Careers, education is delivered in a variety of ways (please note some of the activities may be altered due to ongoing Covid requirements):
- PSHE Curriculum (Yrs 7-8)
- General introduction to careers information and choices including registration and training on START website, a careers based learning platform
- Job study: An opportunity to look at option choices and possible career paths/choices
- Financial Awareness: Using the ‘Real Game’ to explore jobs, leisure time and work life balance.
- Employability skills
- Programme of STEM clubs with external speakers and school visits to companies
- Specific careers related trips, taster days and programmes for small groups.
- 1-2-1 Career advisor meetings (on request), mandatory at Year 11
- Options briefings to explain about vocational and academic choices
- College and Apprentice talks
- Post 16 choices workshops, transition, application advice
- Career focussed assemblies with outside speakers
- Activities week, to include employability skills such as team working and enterprise skills.
- Programme of Career workshops presented by visiting speakers
- Interview Day for Year 10 - practice interviews with external visiting business representatives, CV writing workshops, and Interview techniques
- Work Experience week for Year 10 students
- University visits and presentations
- Promotion of National Citizen Service and Duke of Edinburgh Scheme
A Timeline of planned activities can be found on the document link below.