Placement Form - Parent
Year 10 Work Experience Week 15th – 19th June 2020
- Please help your child identify potential careers options. You can use the Start Profile website to help them identify possible pathways. School Code 50050. Your child should have their own log on.
- Then find the work placement for your child through a personal contact or by directly contacting the employer.
- It is recommended that, your child makes contact with a possible employer and arranges the placement themselves, where appropriate.
- It is an experience of the world of work rather than an experience of a possible career.
- Types of placements we cannot allow are ones where DBS checks are required or high risk jobs.
- Please contact Mrs Mankoo firstname.lastname@example.org for any advice in finding a placement. Whilst we cannot find a placement for you, we can suggest some options.
- Once the Work Experience placement has been confirmed with the employer, please complete Work Experience Form online below and send payment of £30 to Mrs Mankoo by February 14th 2020 (payment options are: cash, cheque – payable to HCC Court Moor School or an online payment). If your child is entitled to Pupil Premium funding, please contact Mrs Rothwell in the Finance Office to discuss financial assistance for this trip.
- The school will then contact the employer and ask them to complete an additional online form.
- If you prefer not to use the online system, then paper copies of the form are available on website and from Mrs Mankoo for you to give to the employer to complete and return to you,
- School will then undertake all reasonable Health and Safety checks.
- Once all the Health and Safety Checks have been completed, a Work Experience Confirmation form will be sent out to you to confirm final details of the placement e.g. dress code, working hours, transport arrangements etc. This will need to be signed and returned to Mrs Mankoo by 13th May 2020.
Please note: It is the Parents responsibility to get student to and from Work Placement. There may be an additional charge if the placement is out of area or the placement is cancelled by the student once a H&S visit has been completed.
Summary of Deadlines:
Deadline for WEX application process: Friday 14th February 2020
Work Experience Placement Confirmation form: Wednesday 13th May 2020
Completion of CV: Friday 5th June 2020
Work Experience Week: Week beginning 15th June 2020
Interview Day: Friday 10th July 2020