Duke of Edinburgh
We offer Bronze Duke of Edinburgh award for Year 10s
The Bronze Award requires students to undertake 4 sections:
- Volunteering section - a service to individuals or the community
- Physical section - to improve in an area of sport, dance or fitness
- Skill section - to develop practical and social skills and personal interests
- Expedition - and to plan, train and complete an adventurous journey
The school is responsible for training and assisting students to complete the Expedition Section of the Award however participants must arrange and complete the other sections themselves. For both training and expeditions, participants work in teams with a designated leader. Training for the expedition is quite intensive and requires effort and time commitment. All participants that undertake the Award are expected to do the following:
- Attend weekly meetings
- Attend 2 days of hiking
- Complete a 2 day practice hike and a 2 day assessed hike
For more information please click here.
Login to eDOfE.