Placement Form - Employer
Court Moor School Work Experience Placement Form
Work Experience Week 15th June 2020 - 19th June 2020
Please read the following Letter of Understanding before completing the Employer Work Experience Placement Form below. Once complete you may like to print this page and the form to keep as a reference.
Should you have any difficulty in completing the form or want to discuss any aspect of work experience, you may contact me by phone on 01252 615065 or email email@example.com
Letter of Understanding between Court Moor School and Employers Providing Work Experience
To ensure that the principle conditions of the Work Experience Programme and the arrangements between the Employer and Court Moor School are fully understood, Employers are asked to confirm acceptance of the following essential points.
1. The student will carry out worthwhile and meaningful work, as described in the agreed job description. The Employer will ensure that the work is planned by a responsible person. The student will be given an effective Health and Safety induction before starting work and will receive appropriate instructions and supervision during the period of work experience.
2. Supervision will be provided by a suitable, responsible and competent named person.
3. The Employer will ensure that the student does not operate machinery unless adequate instruction and competent supervision can be provided in order for it to be used safely. The Employer shall not require the Student to carry out work of an unsuitable or inappropriate nature. The Employer will ensure that the Student wears protective or special clothing/protective equipment as and when necessary. All prohibitions will be recorded on or attached to the Job Description / Health and Safety Statement.
4. The Employer will inform Court Moor School if there have been any significant changes since the last use of the work placement.
5. The Student will not receive any payment for their work. Employers are not obliged to assist with expenses but may, if they so wish, make a contribution directly to the Student towards the extra cost of meals and travel expenses.
6. The Student will work the hours shown on the Work Experience Own Placement Form / Agreement Form.
7. The Student will be required by Court Moor School to sign an Agreement stating that they will
- not disclose any information confidential to the Employer
- follow all safety, security and other instructions given by the Employer
- pass on to their parents or guardians any information from the Employer regarding arrangements for their personal health, safety or welfare (including Risk Assessment information)
8. The Student’s parent or guardian will confirm that they do not suffer from any complaint which may cause a hazard either to the Student or those working with him or her. The school will be required to inform the Employer of any known details requiring special attention in order to secure a successful placement.
9. The Employer undertakes to ensure appropriate Employer Liability Insurance cover against accident or injury caused to the Student by the negligence of the Employer or the Employer’s servants. The Employer will accept (by way of insurance or otherwise) liability for loss, damage or injury caused by the Student in carrying out the tasks allocated to her/him in accordance with the Employer’s instructions.
10. All parties, in accordance with normal practice, will observe all current relevant legislation, including approved codes of practice relating to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Child Protection.
11. The Employer will provide a safe and healthy working environment which covers
- Welfare facilities
- Safe Systems of work
- Emergency arrangements
- Risk Assessment as necessary
12. The Employer agrees to provide reasonable access for the purpose of monitoring the student.
13. In cases of accident or sickness occurring to the Student whilst under the supervision of the Employer, the Student will be allowed to use whatever first aid facilities the Employer provides. The Employer will notify Court Moor School without delay and arrange for appropriate action to be taken.
14. The Employer will provide Court Moor School with an accident report, in writing, following any accident which causes injury to a Student on work experience and will report the accident to the enforcing authority, if appropriate, within the time limit stipulated.
Please note the following as part of the risk assessment.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations place a duty on employers and the self-employed. The duty states that the employer shall make a suitable and sufficient assessment of the risk to employees."
This includes employees who are classed as a child (below minimum school leaving age) and a young person (over minimum school leaving age, but under 18 years of age). Both of these definitions may be relevant to students on work experience.
In addition, "Every employer shall, before employing a child, provide the parents/guardians of the child with comprehensible and relevant information on the risks identified by the assessment and the preventative and protective measures"
More information available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/youngpeople/workexperience/placeprovide.htm
Please complete the Work Experience Own Placement Forms below.