Court Moor School is committed to providing excellent Careers Information, Advice, and Guidance for our students (CIAG).
We aim to deliver for each key stage the following outcomes for our students:
- Students explore and establish their suitability to careers and understand the KS4 subjects that are important to them
- Students understand the factors important to making informed decisions including learning style and career aspirations
- Students build a picture of their career aspirations and subject choices as well as start to evidence understanding of key skills
- Students explore their post-16 options and their intended choices relate to preferred learning style and future career aspirations
- Students and parents understand the application process and entry requirements for their intended choices
- Students capture the experiences and achievements that will help them to stand out on paper and in person
Overview of Activities
At Court Moor Careers, education is delivered in a variety of ways:
- PSHE Curriculum (KS3)
- General introduction to careers information and choices including registration and training on START website, a careers based learning platform
- Job study: An opportunity to look at option choices and possible career paths/choices
- Financial Awareness: Using the ‘Real Game’ to explore jobs, leisure time and work life balance.
- Employability skills
- Programme of STEM clubs with external speakers and school visits to companies
- Specific careers related trips, taster days and programmes for small groups.
- 1-2-1 Career advisor meetings (on request), mandatory at Year 11
- Options briefings to explain about vocational and academic choices
- College and Apprentice talks
- Post 16 choices workshops, transition, application advice
- Career focussed assemblies with outside speakers
- Activities week, to include employability skills such as team working and enterprise skills.
- Programme of Career workshops presented by visiting speakers
- Interview Day for Year 10 - practice interviews with external visiting business representatives, CV writing workshops, and Interview techniques
- Work Experience week for Year 10 students
- University visits and presentations
- Promotion of National Citizen Service and Duke of Edinburgh Scheme
A Timeline of planned activities can be found on the link below. This is only provisional as this is a new initiative for the school and may change.
The information below is suitable for students, parents, teachers and employers.
Key organisations, employers and providers
Court Moor works with a large range of organisations, employers and provider to deliver our careers programme
National Careers Service https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
Careers and Enterprise Company https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/
Other useful websites include:
We also use our growing Alumni Association to build our employer contacts database, but would welcome interest from any company who would like to help young people in their choice of careers. If you are interested or want more information of how you can help then please contact Careers Lead Julia Vale or go to our Alumni page https://www.court-moor.hants.sch.uk/2207/alumni-association or find us on LinkedIn.
Impact of career programme
We assess/measure the impact of the school’s career programme through the dfe published destination data and bi-yearly student/parent surveys.
Start Careers Platform
We are rolling out a programme over this next year where all students will be given access to Start, a free, online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential. It combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability. It provides information suitable for teacher use (subject specific information), information suitable for parents such as local work force information and post 16 courses and options and information for employers who may be coming into the school to work with groups of students.
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.
Students will be registering for the website through Get Set days and PSHE lessons.
Parents, teachers and employers can set up their own account on the website.
Start Overview Video
More about Start can be found at https://www.startprofile.com/
Mrs Holly, our Careers advisor, has put together the following PowerPoints which cover a range of careers that maybe familiar, and some that are little less well known.
If you are interested in one of these for your future have a read through. If something sparks an interest read more about it on www.startprofile.com.
Please see below our Careers contacts or alternatively you may call the Court Moor admin office on 01252 615065.
Careers Lead: Julia Vale - Assistant Head Teacher
Careers Co-ordinator: Arvinder Mankoo
Careers Advisor: Susan Holly
Policy statement on provider access can be found on link below.
Susan Holly, Careers Adviser is available in school every Friday and every other Wednesday. Mrs Coleman can be contacted on email@example.com. For information about what Mrs Holly can offer please see the presentation below.
The impact of the careers programme and destination data can be viewed here.
Information to reviewed September 2021.
|careermag for Parents||17th Dec 2019||Download|
|Careers Newsletter - July 2019||17th Jul 2019||Download|
|College Open Events and Taster Sessions 2019-2020||17th Jul 2019||Download|
|Careers Newsletter - December 2018||19th Dec 2018||Download|
|Provider Access Policy||02nd Dec 2020||Download|
|Useful WEBSITES 2020||11th May 2020||Download|
|The 3 main routes to qualifications||11th May 2020||Download|
|Careers Advice at Court Moor School||24th Sep 2020||Download|
|Court Moor School Careers Timeline v2||05th Dec 2019||Download|
|Labour Market Information July September 2019||05th Dec 2019||Download|